Heather Woo, Narcisa Minca, Francois Lasne, Adrian Apetrei, Mauricio Pinto Lopez, Liuqing Yang
According to the World Bank, the global extreme poverty is expected to rise in 2020 for the first time in over 20 years as the disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic compounds the forces of conflict and climate change, which were already slowing poverty reduction progress. We strongly believe, if there is an easy way for everyone to make donations on their mobile, then more people will be able to give their love to the most vulnerable communities in the world.
What it does:
1. Allow users to choose different charities/projects to donate based on user's preference
2. Use PSD2 API to connect to your bank account without paying extra transaction fees
3. Three Donation Methods:
• Round Up: App will round up to the nearest dollar on every purchase made using your bank card and donate that money to the cause.
• Incognito: App will take a set amount time you perform an action, with limits you can control, eg take 25c every time you use your card
• Determined: Carefully select how much you want to donate to which charities, eg donate $25 each month
4. Manage all the past and recurring donations, view by charities or by transactions
5. In-app notification for donation updates
6. Option to download Donation Certificate for further tax return purpose
How we built it:
The server side was built using Nestjs framework, which is connected to a MongoDB instance and to an application that we created on fusionfabric.cloud for getting API access. The server is deployed on AWS using an EC2 instance and for database, we opted for creating a cluster via MongoDB Atlas. The frontend was built using Ionic framework and Angular, which allowed us to create a mobile application. We integrated Finastra Design System for theming and the usage of different components.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Our Application is Live!!! Please download our Android App below!