Our SaaS solution rapidly assesses the current status of your organization’s cybersecurity maturity. Oversight based on the Cybergovernance Maturity Oversight Model (CMOM) accelerates mitigation of cyber risk.
CMOM improves cyberattack readiness by measuring and monitoring over 300 control points across 3 dimensions and 10 domains. We demystify cybersecurity for board directors to make them more successful in cyber risk oversight and to protect them from personal liability. Our cybergovernance platform called CMOM (SEE-mom) helps corporate directors excel in their fiduciary duty of overseeing the cybersecurity health of their company. CMOM stands for Cybergovernance Maturity Oversight Model, an original assessment framework created by combining respected industry standards from NIST and the Department of Energy. CMOM is offered as an online service hosted on Amazon Web Services. It is used by leading organizations in financial services, technology, manufacturing, and retail.
Cybernance was founded by Mike Shultz, Bob Barker, and Charlie Leonard in early 2016 to create a cybergovernance solution for corporate directors. Directors face increasing pressure and threats of personal liability from government agencies like the SEC and FTC for cyber breaches, so they need to be more effective in cybersecurity governance. CMOM is the first cybergovernance platform that delivers:
- A common understanding of cybersecurity maturity for board members, executive management, and security professionals
- Risk-based insight to board members while indemnifying them against litigation expenses related to breaches.
- Clarity and guidance to CEOs so they can more effectively lead enterprise-wide cyber risk reduction.
- Organizational alignment for CISOs that helps them achieve their objectives.
- Sponsorship and support for IT spending required to reduce cyber risk.